Laser treatment is an innovative type of Dental Care. Laser treatment is a very important and invasive option in the case of cavity treatment, gum surgery etc. Laser treatment is happening by delivery of energy in the form of light. Laser techniques are used in dentistry since 1994 to treat different dental problems.
In Laser treatment, Lasers are used as extremely focused light beams to remove bad tissues. it is also used to remove overgrown tissues, whitening teeth and reshaping gums etc.
Uses of Laser Dentistry in Dental Treatment:
- Tooth Decay – Laser treatment is used to remove the gay in a tooth. it’s also used to prepare the surrounding enamel for the tooth feeling.
- Gum Reshaping – Laser density is used to reshape gums
- Gum Diseases – Laser is also used to remove bacteria from teeth.
- Root canal infections – laser treatment is a good instrument to remove infections during root canal procedures.
- Teeth Whitening – Laser density is used to speed up the teeth whitening procedure. By laser energy, A peroxide bleaching solution is activated on the tooth surface. While laser treatment, the laser act as a heat source and improves the effect of tooth bleaching agents.
Benefits of Laser Treatment:
- Reduce discomfort and healing time for patients.
- Fast recovery due to minimal damaging to the gum. this technique reduces the anxiety in the patients.
- Minimize the bleeding and swelling comparatively from traditional surgery Lesser uses of Anaesthesia
- Laser treatment will preserve more healthy teeth during cavity removal.
The procedure of Laser treatment:
Laser treatment is almost the same as of other dental treatment. Anesthesia can be used as per requirement but it can be lesser. The good part of laser treatment is that you will not feel any vibrations or discomfort like you fill in surgery. Generally, patients are not getting an open and bleeding wound while laser treatment.